Track: Value-Based Care
Course: Business of Value-Based Care 8 hours, 8.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Description: This course provides a foundational understanding of the core concepts of healthcare reform and will help learners understand the impact value-based care (VBC) will have on their day-to-day work. The course includes an explanation of the issues with value in US healthcare system, then moves into providing insight into the laws, regulations, and changes to care delivery models that will result from the VBC initiative. New payment models: ACOs, MSSPs, as well as the merit-based incentive payments system for clinics and the potential for penalties are covered in depth. This course also explains how VBC might impact many other aspects of healthcare delivery, including operations, customer service, patient satisfaction, and financial sustainability.
- Describe the problem with value in US healthcare.
- Define the broad strategy (the Triple Aim) that provides a way forward.
- Describe how Value-Based Care (VBC) is designed to meet the Triple Aim
- Describe new payment models, including ACOs, Bundled Payments, and Incentive payments
- Explain important details of the laws and regulations that establish VBC.
- Identify the elements of healthcare IT required to meet the measurement and reporting standards of VBC
- Articulate concerns raised by VBC and how the ACO model addresses those concerns
Course: Applications of Value-Based Care 7 hours, 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Description: This course is designed to educate individuals working in the healthcare industry (and those closely tied to the work of healthcare) on how the massive change known as value-based care (VBC) will affect care delivery, quality measurement and improvement and finally, how VBC affects the need to engage consumers and measure consumer satisfaction.
- Define care management and explain why it is central to VBC
- Delineate opportunities for improved care management that can result from redesigned workflows, improved communication, and effective use of Health IT
- Describe challenges of care transitions and define mitigating interventions and tools
- Describe the importance of quality and safety in VBC
- Identify techniques to link performance assessment with episodes of care
- Use the basics of quality improvement methods to implement quality improvement initiatives in a healthcare organization
- Define consumer engagement
- Explain the importance of consumer engagement to VBC
- Describe how consumer satisfaction is measured in healthcare today
Course: Negotiating Contracts for Value-Based Care 2 hours, 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Description: This course will provide an overview of alternative payment model (APM) contracts by describing their general elements, covering how risk calculations can impact APMs, and describing the information required for successful contract negotiation.
- Discuss general elements of alternative payment model contracts
- Articulate how risk calculations can impact contracts
- Outline essential data elements and uses during negotiations